Saturday, 25 August 2012

A long 2 weeks.

The doctor had said I should hear from the hospital within 2 weeks and if I didn't I should ring her and she would chase them up for me.

That night I started up my laptop, determined only to look at reputable websites. I needed to know more about my condition. 

Basically there are 3 degrees, 1st, 2nd & 3rd. Of the 2nd degree there are 2 types, one more serious than the other. Once again I was left no choice but to play the waiting game. Until I knew whether I had type 1 or type 2, I still didn't know what I was dealing with.

I made the decision to let family and friends know what had been found and what the possible outcome could be. It was easier for me to share it with them. Again, I kept telling myself if it was serious they would call me sooner rather than later. A week passed without a call.

After 10 days I couldn't wait any longer, I needed to know when I would be seeing the Cardiologist, the stress of waiting was beginning to get too much. 

I rang the hospital.

I explained the situation and the lady on the other end asked me to wait. When she came back she said she had pulled my letter out of the pile, that they were having an extra clinic the following day and if I could make it, I could see the Cardiologist at 2.30pm. 

I told her I would be there.


Post a Comment