Sunday 30 September 2012

The Family's All Together Again.

Before my operation I had already booked a few days off work so that I could watch the Ryder Cup, being played in the US this year, and stay up as late as necessary without having to worry about getting up for work the following morning. 

It was coincidental that it coincided with my recovery from my operation, I refuse to call it a procedure, despite what the medics think. To me, it will always be an operation, they cut me open, did things and stitched me up - that, in my opinion, is the definition of an operation!

When my brother in London knew I was having the op, he said he would come and visit me for a few days afterwards, and so he arrived on Wednesday and has stayed through the weekend. We've spent a couple of days visiting the Butterfly House and a local National Trust property with the hope we could get some nice photos, but as normal this summer, the weather did not play ball. 

I didn't take my camera, as I knew I would not be able to do much with it as it's quite heavy and I wouldn't be able to hold it to my eye as I cannot raise my arm above my shoulder but my brother passed me his at one point, as he has a screen that can be angled to allow you to use the camera at a lower position and very soon I realised I just couldn't hold the weight of the camera.

At the Butterfly camera I tried taking photos on my mobile but even that was a problem, again because I cannot raise my arm high enough to see what i am taking. It would seem my photography days are on hold for the time being.

Then, last night my other brother and my sister-in-law came over for a family meal and we had a lovely evening together. Especially with everything that has been going on for the last few weeks, it was lovely to have everyone around me for an evening. 

The end to a perfect few days would be if Europe could win the Ryder Cup - could be a bit of a tall order that one!

No comments: