Thursday 15 November 2012

A cricky neck

For several years I have struggled with a neck problem which was brought on by the deterioration of the cartilage between the vertebrae in my lower neck. Most of the time this is fine, while everything is lined, up but every now and then I sleep in an odd position that puts my neck out of alignment. When this happens I wake up in a lot of pain and discomfort and this morning is one of those days. It's like the 2 bones that sit on each other have slipped a little out of line and until they 'click' back into place I will be in pain.

And so, I know today is going to be a long day, I have a searing pain that goes right up the right hand side of my face, like neuralgia. Painkillers and anti-inflammatories will help but until I go to bed tonight and hope it puts itself right overnight, it's going to be a day of my in a grumpy mood, as I find this pain difficult to forget about.

Don't envy my work colleagues today!

No comments: