Wednesday 6 November 2013

Getting Published Workshop

I am always looking around on the internet for websites that are helpful to a first time writer, like me.

Sometime in September I came across a this website

 http://www.writerswebtv.com/ 

I came across it just as they were about to show the workshop for Writing for Children, which was great timing. Although I couldn't watch all of it as I had already made plans to meet a friend for coffee, I did see quite a lot of it and parts of it were very informative. If you watch it live it's free or you can pay to download it and watch at your leisure.

As my book is progressing nicely, 15 chapters now in first draft, I have been doing quite a lot of research on publishing options. Imagine my delight when this link dropped into my email inbox today announcing the workshop for Getting Published being screened this Saturday. As it happens, I have no plans so I will be able to make full use of this free screening.

They are also offering a free critique of a submission letter which, as I am on the process of preparing one, is perfectly timed.

So, my Saturday is planned, I just need to make sure the coffee is brewing and the sandwiches made.

I'm really looking forward to it, notepad and pen ready.

No comments: