Thursday 8 December 2011

Dear Diary

It seems that, sometimes, things just conspire against us to make life difficult. I'm going through one of those times just now. I shouldn't be, after all, I've just had 2 weeks holiday with our Californian friends and Christmas is just a couple of weeks away when I'll get to spend some time with my brother, who I don't see often enough.

But there's always a curve ball ready to come your way and mine landed a few days ago.

I tried to do a nice thing, after all, my car would be sat on the drive for 2 weeks doing nothing. I have 2 stepsons. They're all grown up and live closeby. Just before we went away one of them told us his car had broken down and needed a lot of work doing. He'd recently lost his job and was doing the rounds of agencies and had a job interview to get to. So I thought it would be a nice thing to do to let him use my car while I was away as it was only going to be parked on the drive.

Well, it's not parked on the drive anymore!

It's now in a compound several miles away, all smashed up. Today my insurers told me it's a write-off.

I have to try and be positive about it. No-one was badly hurt in the collision (I learned today that we don't have 'accidents' anymore, they are 'collisions' - the policeman dealing with the incident told me that, it's all to do with blame) and he did get to the job interview before he smashed it into the back of a stationary van, and he starts after Christmas.

But it was my car and he should've been more careful.

So, 2 weeks before Christmas I am now looking for a replacement car.

I don't like to feel angry - but I am angry about this. I know he didn't do it deliberately and I'm sure he would rather not be black and blue from the bruises caused by the seatbelt and airbag, but I'm still cross with him for not being more careful.

So, having agreed a settlement figure with the insurers today I can now get on with finding a replacement car.

Hey Ho, just one more thing to add to the 'To-Do' list!

1 comment:

Spanish Owner said...

Jeeez, I'd not be well pleased either!