Monday 19 December 2011

Mobile again.

I picked my car up this weekend, and it's good to be mobile again. I've made a big change from my usual cars and now have an automatic. I had been driving one while on holiday in California and with using Neil's when we got back I have got quite used to the idea of no gear changing. Previously I wouldn't have even considered one but now, and it must be an age thing, I can see how much easier it is in traffic and town, and so I decided to give it a go.

I hadn't realised that there was a way of putting it into manual gear mode, when required, but I think it's unlikely I'll bother. I also have a button to put it into sport mode, that may get used on occasions, it does give it a bit more oomph.

I also have a paddle on the steering wheel to control the stereo which I've immediately found useful, although I keep trying to turn it instead of the key as one is just infront of the other.

And so, I'm getting to know my new car quite quickly and beginning to enjoy it. It's certainly been a quick turnaround from finding out my old car was an undriveable wreck to being mobile in my new car. I'll try and hang onto this one a little longer.

1 comment:

Spanish Owner said...

Guess no one else will be driving this one?