Thursday 25 April 2013

New Neighbours... Hope they're not too noisy!

Last summer we hung a new bird house on a fence post in the back garden that was made for me by a good friend, and prepared to wait a couple of years while the birds got used to it and maybe started to take an interest...



Except we didn't have to wait too long as earlier this week I noticed a little face peeking out. As I sat and watched I realised that I have a nesting pair that are busy building a cosy home together. Maybe my friend has the magic touch to get residents so quickly.

Last weekend I sat out and waited, and waited and waited and finally...


one of them paused long enough for me to get a quick snap...

I'm not sure how long I'll need to wait for the sound of babies but count on me to be out there waiting, camera ready... and the patience to sit for 3 hours, which is how long it took to get this photo.


3 comments:

Travel & Dive Girl said...

Great photo - congratulations! Spring is such a fantastic time - so much excitement in the air.

Sue in Spain said...

Great photo - definitely worth waiting for! My daughter, who lives in Greenwich, has lots of different birds in her garden, attracted by the bird feeder hanging up there - and the squirrels sit beneath waiting for seeds to be dropped!

Brindy said...

Thanks both, I'm keeping a close eye on activity...

We don't get squirrels in the garden, I wish we did - maybe it's 'cos we have the dogs.