Tuesday 5 November 2013

Who corrupted my Blog?

I rarely make changes to the layout of my blog because I don't want to lose what I have 

I normally leave the layout of my blog well alone, I don't know too much about all the settings and I'm always concerned I may change something by accident and not know how to change it back is I try and get too clever.

A while ago I noticed some of the formatting had changed and it wasn't anything I had purposely done. I managed to get my blog looking like it should and hoped that was it. 

Then Google+ started to change the way notifications went out but I thought I'd worked my way around that.

Yesterday I was made aware that the comments box wasn't working correctly. I know the verification captcha puts people off commenting as it can be too tricky to read but I really can't be doing with the rubbish that gets posted if I turn it off. However, even on posts that had a comments the little button at that bottom was reading No Comments but if you clicked on it the comments appeared.

So, I have spent tonight Googling for an answer and finally came across this post that suggested my blog may have become corrupt. 

http://help.disqus.com/customer/portal/articles/471999-blogger-troubleshooting

I tried resetting the offending widget as suggested but this didn't have any affect so I reset all my widgets to default and bingo, my comments count now works correctly again.

So, it all looks as it should again - until someone tells me differently.

Thank you Sue for letting me know I had a problem.
























No comments: