Sunday 14 October 2012

Not done that in a long time.

I work opposite a large supermarket so it is too easy to call and shop after work, on my way home. It's logical but sometimes a pain. Sometimes it nice to finish work and go home.

I always seem to do the main weekly shop on Monday. Last week I realised I should not be shopping on my own. I was fine filling the trolley. I was fine putting it all on the conveyor belt at the check-out. I was even fin putting it in bags once it had been checked out. I could do all that one-handed and protect my left arm.

What I couldn't do was lift the bags into the boot of the car without it involving my left arm.

So today, I have ordered my shopping on line. It will be delivered tomorrow after i get home from work. And Neil can put it all in the cupboards and fridges so the only thing that I had to do today that hurt a little...

... was pay.

And it meant I could shop from my favourite store which I don't normally as we don't have one close enough.

Job well done.

2 comments:

Travel & Dive Girl said...

I'm super jealous. Grocery shopping is my least favorite thing to do, so shopping online would be a huge blessing to me. Unfortunately, that's not an option where I live. :(

Brindy said...

As I drove home tonight, I passed the delivery van from the store. It was already delivered and hubby had put everything away. What a great way to do the weekly grocery shop.

What a shame you can't do the same.