Sunday 28 October 2012

Winter is upon us.

The clocks went back this morning, and we had an extra hour in bed. Being a Sunday, I made the best of it as I'd been up at 2am with one of the dogs. After the beautiful sunny, clear blue skies of yesterday today's were the complete opposite grey, dull and heavy looking. The sun would never burn off this greyness today, so glad we took the dogs walking in Sherwood Forest yesterday.



There were several photographers out taking photos of the trees, the colours have been glorious this year. Unfortunately, I still can't hold my camera as it causes pain in my should so I have picked this photo from Photobucket as an example of the beautiful colours yesterday.

Once again, dog walkers are being warned of SCI, Seasonal Canine Illness. 

Read more here: http://www.chad.co.uk/news/local/sherwood-forest-and-clumber-park-dog-walkers-warned-over-mystery-illness-1-4846191

We were first aware of this problem 2 years ago and are fortunate that our dogs do not wander into the undergrowth, they do not eat flowers, leaves or other items in the woods and tend to stay very close to us on the paths. Until I saw the notices yesterday I had forgotten about the problem in previous years, maybe time to give Sherwood Forest a little bit of a miss for a few weeks. It's normally a problem September to November.

Although our dogs are showing no signs of the illness after our walk yesterday, I'm off to complete the questionnaire into SCI as they want feedback from dog walkers in Sherwood Forest as one of the 5 research sites, whether the dogs have become ill or not.

http://www.aht.org.uk/cms-display/preworkingForm.html



2 comments:

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

I have been catching up on the events in your life. What a lot you have been going through. I am glad to hear that you are having good days and getting healthier and healthier. I cannot even imagine how difficult all of it must have been.
Just keep getting stronger! LL

Brindy said...

Thanks LL.