Tuesday 27 November 2012

Cha Cha Cha!

It's winter, it's dark before I leave work to come home, it's cold and I'm in full hibernation mode. When I get home, close the door behind me and put my slippers on, I'm in for the evening. If I want to go somewhere it's better if I go straight from work rather than coming home first.

I like to have a something to do in the evenings during winter to prevent me from going into full hibernation mode. After losing my first dog several years ago I needed something to occupy my evenings and Neil and I decided to take a course of beginners ballroom dance classes. We really enjoyed it and actually both had a left and a right foot, so weren't constantly standing on each others toes. At the time I struggled with a problem with my knees and as the weeks progressed and we did more latin dances, which put a lot of pressure on my knees and when we found out that the follow up course focused more on the latin than the traditional ballroom dances such as the waltz, foxtrot etc, we stopped dancing and took up golf.

Following my operation a few weeks ago I need to get back into some form of gentle exercise and so tonight, we are going to join a new group of people in the first beginners class of this winter's course. 

The first dance will be the Cha Cha Cha. I can remember a few of them but I struggle to recognise them from the dance diagram below.






So I did a bit of a refresher by watching this video.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOgMhx2vmHc&feature=fvwrel

I'm really looking forward to seeing how we get on. If nothing else, it's an excuse for a drink and a chat and a chance to meet some new people.

Step, step, cha, cha, cha...

1 comment:

Sue - Over 60 and Over Here! said...

I used to enjoy the cha cha cha years ago, in the days when they would play all types of music at dances.

Recently I started learning sevillanas so now can be heard chanting "uno, dos, tres, cuarto cinco seis"!