Tuesday 27 September 2011

Caffeine - a no, no I cannot resist.

I am not supposed to have caffeine, on doctor's recommendations.

I have arthritis and caffeine is not recommended.

I have a history of fybromyalgia, although currently under control, and caffeine is not recommended.

I am a woman of a certain age, and caffeine is not recommended.

3 reasons to listen to the doctor and take heed.

However, I love my coffee and love the Tassimo Columbian coffee pods.
http://acoffeeandachat.blogspot.com/2010/11/i-bought-new-coffee-machine.html

So, in an effort to control my intake I limit myself to a maximum of 2 Columbian coffees each day, one at breakfast and one after dinner, as long as it isn't later then 7pm.

Or that was the case until now.

At work our Crawley office has moved to smaller premises and so we have inherited an amount of furniture, copiers and other office equipment that they either no longer use or want.

Among the items is a coffee maker, not the same as ours, but similar AND it takes the same Tassimo pods.

It was decided we would have it in the office for when the MD or General Manager have visitors, we can make them a really nice cuppa. The machine is in our office. It sits on the desk next to me.

As no-one else had tried the pods they were guided by me and so we now have a stock of Columbian pods at work - for guests.

Except I now have my boss, a constant tea-drinker at work, converted to the pods. She likes to have a frothy coffee at 3pm in the afternoon. And no-one could expect me to make coffees for my boss and my colleague......and not have one myself, now could they.

So, my caffeine intake is now up to 3 cups a day. I need to keep an eye on the effect on my sleep and my health but it would take more will power than I have to make frothy coffees for everyone else and then have a standard de-caff.

Lord, forgive me for being so weak!

No comments: