Friday 19 November 2010

I bought a new Coffee Machine

Well, if I'm going to have a coffee and a chat, I may as well have an enjoyable coffee.

And so I went out looking, with a budget in mind.....

And of course spent way over my budget.

But it does frothy coffee, it does hot chocolate, it does decaf.........

A little practice and I found out we have the perfect sized coffee mugs...







A little taste sampling and I found out that it makes great cappuccino's....


Now somehow a cup of instant just doesn't do it for me anymore......

This is my new little toy.....




Costa Coffee profits have just tumbled!

And Tassimo's have just gone through the roof!



Enjoy.

2 comments:

Spanish Owner said...

Whew, just Googled for the price, I know they're not cheap. When we go to two couples in Spain they each have a good machine & the coffee's wonderful. We used to have a filter coffee machine around 35 years ago (I know we had it long before moving here Oct 1980
as we bought it in Pearsons, a very large dept store in Nottingham) & we bought Kenya beans & we'd grind them just before making the coffee but now we just wait till we're in Spain to drink the wonderful strong Spanish coffee. Come to think of it I remember seeing the filter machine in the back of a corner cupboard not long ago, perhaps it should be chucked out.

Love the smell of freshly brewed coffee.

Brindy said...

We bought it at Comet having tried a few of the local stores and then went to Sainsbury's for the weekly shop, including coffee pods for the shiny new machine, only to find Sainsbury's had the same machine - £10 cheaper. It never even occurred to us to look in Sainsbury's.

I need to buy some decaff pods online though, otherwise I can't use it after 6pm or I can't get to sleep.

There are two thinsg you don't get with this type of coffee machine - the smell of fresh brewing coffee and the mess to clear up afterwards!

I can forgo the first not to have the latter!