Sunday 11 September 2011

Ouch, that hurt!

Hubby has a history of lower back problems and when he strains his back it takes him out of action for 3 days. This last episode has lasted 2 weeks and it's always the daftest thing that makes it go.

This time we were potting up the tomato plants into bigger containers and while lifting one of them up onto the table to transfer it - bang goes the back.

On day 2, while it was showing signs of improvement, he bent down to pick up one of the dogs bowls and bang, it went again. Since then we have nutured and protected him from doing anything that will aggrevate it.

Yesterday we finally had the door panel changed so that it now has a dog flap fitted.


 It's actually fitted into the glass, which I didn't realise they could do - but it seems fine and Brinkley has already remembered how to use it


 although Brandy is taking a bit more time to work it out.

The only problem was the drop outside was bigger than the dogs could manage so we needed to make a step. We have a pile of paving stones and decided we could make a good step using 6 of them, so I lifted them onto the wheel barrow for Neil to walk round to the back door and then we both lifted them off together to lay them to make the step.



 It worked a treat and we stood back to admire our handwork while taking time for some hard earned refreshments.
Then, while Neil was mowing the lawn I decided I would sweep all the leaves at the front of the house - how hard can that be?

Well, it can be very hard when it means moving a large planter. which I decided to do on my own. Bad idea.

Neil is now looking after me as I have strained my lower back and am currently sitting here in pain, ice pack on and trying to give it the 3 days rest needed to recover.

Hey ho!

1 comment:

Spanish Owner said...

For anyone who suffers with a bad back that was all rather crazy to tackle both of you but then I have a bad back & I often do crazy things then suffer.