Friday 14 September 2012

Double Booked.

The letter confirmed that my TOE is booked for Sept 19th at 8.00am. Then, 5 days later I received another letter from the hospital. 

It read: Your appointment is booked for Sept 19th at 8.00am to have your permanent pacemaker fitted.

Ah, I see a problem there. 

First thing Monday morning, I rang the hospital. It turns out it's all the fault of the missing form and a Consultant's holiday.

The end result is I don't need the TOE - Yippee!

But I do now have a date for my pacemaker fitted and this time next week I will be sitting at home, the procedure over and the recovery process begun.

Yikes!

2 comments:

Travel & Dive Girl said...

That's great news! At least that's one less thing you need to worry about.

Sue said...

Sorry that I've only just been able to update myself with what's been going on. I have been on holiday to Madrid, Segovia and Paris, then I have had loads of things to sort out after getting home. We have a friend Jackie who has had her second pacemaker fitted at the age of 69. She looks fantastic after getting the new pacemaker and has loads more energy. I will be seeing her tomorrow, so please let me know if you have any questions. Take care. Sue x