Friday 26 August 2011

A new home to hide the clutter.


I don't know about you but I have memories of visiting older people when I was a youngster, who always had a writing bureau in the room where pens, notepaper, stamps etc were always kept. I always loved the idea of sitting at a bureau to write my letters. Of always knowing where I could find a pen, the sellotape or some string. In all my adult life such items have always been loose in a kitchen drawer, correspondence that needed dealing with is always in a pile on the corner of a table, orktop, and gets moved around as I clean.

Finally, I decided the time was right to find a nice bureau. Something that looked good in itself but had lots of drawers to keep all my 'stuff' in one place.

So, we trawled the internet and came up with this lovely, oak bureau.


It arrives in the back of a van tomorrow.

2 comments:

Spanish Owner said...

We have my parents teak G-plan bureau (I inherited it around 16 yrs ago when dad died) & someone in Spain on the main Torrevieja forum advertised an identical one 40€ recently. Had we had space for it there I'd have had it.

The one you've chosen is very attractive, Jacqui. They're incredible handy.

Brindy said...

I've always wanted one but never had the room. I had a picture in my mind of what I wanted and this is just perfect. Mind you it was a little more expensive than 40 Euro's.