Sunday 30 January 2011

Catching up with old friends.

Up at the Golf Club I met Betty, my 'Brazilian married to a Spaniard' friend, who was so excited to see me again. We chatted over coffee as there was no-one else in the cafe and I was really pleased how much Spanish I remembered. We got told off by the manager for having returned to the UK and he's told Neil he has to go back and play more often.

Susan and I left the boys to their round of golf and we went off for a bit of sight seeing and shopping. Before going to pick the guys up we decided we would stop for a coffee in the village - but finding somewhere open wasn't easy. Even a walk out along the promenande only found chiringhita after chiringhita closed for winter. In the end, we decided to have coffee at the golf club.

We'd arranged to meet some friends in the evening and when we got to the bar, we met some others there too so we all had a few drinks and a really good night.

Wednesday was to be a much different day as one of our party was very unwell and was unable to leave the apartment as she needed to stay in close proximity to the loo. I needed to go to the local farmacia to practice more of my spanish to get something to help and whatever they gave us worked, but it meant Wednesday was a right off for her. They guys had another game of golf and I drove up to Heurcal Overa to meet one of our neighbours from where we lived in the mountains. It was good to catch up although some of the news wasn't so good.

We'd been down the new road from PulpĂ­ to Terreros which is a great new road, although I used to like the slower, windy road through the mountain, so I thought I would come back from Heurcal Overa on the PulpĂ­ road to see whether they had completed that stretch of the road, but they hadn't. So it was a slow journey back, along make shift roads full of drainage dips that were so abrupt you needed to slow to 20kph to avoid losing your front bumper.

Maybe next time we visit it will be open!

Thursday would see another of the group go down with the dreaded bug.

3 comments:

Spanish Owner said...

Sorry to hear that two went down with something. Sounds like you enjoyed seeing your friends there. Many establishments seem to close after New Year till end February, same where our place is.

Spanish Owner said...

Hope your first day at your new job went well.

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

I am finally catching up with you again. What a wonderful trip to make and congratulations on the new job! LL