Saturday 15 January 2011

What a long week.

I can only put it down to the long break over Christmas and a 4 day week last week, but oh, has this week seemed a long week at work.

Whether next week will seem as long remains to be seen, but it may be, as it's my last week with the company - finally we have reached a date when my assignment is not being extended. I have completed my tasks and have no more work to do there.

And so, after a weeks break I will hopefully be starting a new assignment at the beginning of February. I have 4 or 5 possibles - mainly long term contracts covering maternity leave, but there is a permanent role in the mix. I am going to have a chat (I don't do interviews anymore) next week and see whether I like them and they like me. 

It's going to be a commute of 45 minutes which will be such a change from my daily drive at the moment where the car heater hasn't even started to push warm air into the car before I'm in the car park but at least, if I do have a longer drive I will be able to listen to my CD's more than a track per trip. It took me a week to listen to my new (10 track) Take That CD!

No comments: