Monday 21 February 2011

Doggy Stress!

We let Brandy and Brinkley's fur grow longer than usual when they were going into kennels, to make sure they were warm enough, even though the kennels are heated. I normally clip them myself but I knew it would be hard work now that the fur was so thick so I decided I would splash out and get them trimmed at the local Dog Parlour. £20 a dog, £36 for 2.

As I was working, it was down to Neil to take them so I knew of there was any sulking to be done by the pups for what was about to be done to them, they would take it out on Neil.

Over breakfast I sat and wrote a full set of instructions on how they needed to be clipped, short clipped all over, no back leg feathers, an inch of feathers on front legs and tummy. Their ears to be left feathered and the tail feathers half the length they were. I left nothing to be guessed at.

And, they've come back exactly as I wanted. And yes, they are sulking with Neil, but I got a gorgeous welcome home from work.















Does this dog look Happy?

3 comments:

beverley said...

Definately not happy dogs!
Tell them how handsome they look and they will soon forget about the experience.

Brindy said...

I thought they had put quite a lot of weight on over winter, and was ready for lots of long walks - but now they've been trimmed I can see they're actually slimmer than when we were in Spain - they just had that much fur! Pity I don't get the same result when I go to the hairdresser - I really do need the long walks!

They're back to their normal happy selves today - they don't hold a grudge for long.

Nice to hear from you, hope you're well.

Spanish Owner said...

B & B are looking quite chunky these days. DEFINITELY NOT AMUSED as you say!