Sunday 27 February 2011

Where's Brinkley?

If I'm at home, both dogs are never very far from me. Even if Neil is at home, the dogs are generally in which ever room I'm in. This morning I was doing some work on the computer in the study as I needed use of the printer, while Neil was catching up on the golf on tv in the lounge. Within 10 minutes of me going through to the study both dogs were laid quietly on the floor behind me.

Both dogs sleep in the bedroom at night. If I get up in the night and come downstairs Brinkley always comes down with me although Brandy normally doesn't distrub himself at night - he loves his bed far too much.

When we get up in the morning both dogs move to the top of the stairs. That way they can make sure neither Neil or I can sneak downstairs without them. 

So, this morning we were concerned when we couldn't find Brinkley. Neil had gone through for a shower and the bedroom door was open. I was still in bed so Brandy hadn't moved but Brinkley was missing. He wasn't laid at the top of the stairs, he wasn't in the bedroom and he hadn't followed Neil into his bathroom, (yes, we are lucky enough to have one each).

A check downstairs failed to find him and calling him with the promise of a biscuit wasn't even making him appear. Mild panic started to set in regardless of the knowledge that we knew he had to be in the house somewhere. Despite most of the doors to various rooms being closed, we started to look everywhere for him, even places we knew he couldn't possibly be.

And finally we found him. Sitting happily on the mat in my bathroom. It would seem I didn't close the door fully when I was last in there and he had managed to push himself through the door. Only, the door has a habit of swinging closed on it's own so when Brinkley had tried to get out he couldn't and pawing at the door had only resulted in the door closing fully.

Rather then letting us know he was stuck in there, he simply sat on the mat and waited to be rescued.

He is such a cutie!

1 comment:

Spanish Owner said...

Guess he won't be doing that again!!