Sunday 13 February 2011

An early Valentine's celebration

We've just returned from a fabulous meal at our favourite Italian restaurant, where we have been going for special occassions for over 10 years. We've never had a bad meal there and tonight was no different.

This was a meal for Valentine's day but I had to book it a day early because I left it too late to be able to get a table at a sensible time on the 14th. My options for tomorrow were either 5.30pm, which was no good as I don't finish work until 5.30pm or 9.30pm, which is no good as I have to be up for work at 6.15am.

So, to all of you that didn't leave it too late and will be enjoying your Valentine's celebrations on the actual day - Happy Valentine's Day!

4 comments:

Spanish Owner said...

I can't remember the last time I saw 6:15am, ugh!

Well, Chris bought me a dozen red roses on Friday as he reckoned if he had left it till today JS would've run out. It meant I did get some though without the carry on I had last year.

Sunny here so we'll go into town for a stroll. I've not seen our new pier YET!

Brindy said...

Our big Sainsbury's had a brilliant display on Sunday, just as you walked through the door there was a huge display of cards, chocolates and flowers - I was amazed how much they still had and for anyone last minute they didn't even have to go into the store searching - it was all there right infront of them.

Travel & Dive Girl said...

We typically don't go out on actual Valentines Day - we either go before or after to avoid the crowds and rushed service.

Spanish Owner said...

We went into town on Valentine's Day & couldn't believe the amount of gifts & cards in every card shop plus other stores. It's as though no one had bought a thing.