Friday 11 February 2011

A Sign of Spring


We always know that Spring is almost here when the crocus and snowdrops start to appear.




At the moment I don't work Fridays, I will in a few weeks but for now I have a 3-day weekend, which I really enjoy, especially as Neil plays golf on Fridays so I get a few hours to do anything I want.

This morning I took the dogs for a lovely walk along the canal banks and the fishermen are back. The canal is flowing once more and the fish can get up to the surface. The little water birds are out looking for nesting sites and everything feels as if it's waking up after a very cold, snowy winter.

Unfortunately, the downside to this is the colour the dogs come back from their walks along the canal! But they have fun.

The rest of my day off is going to be spent on me. A spot of lunch in a local coffee shop and then a trip to the hairdressers.

Now, Fridays don't come much better. I hope you enjoy your.


1 comment:

Spanish Owner said...

Sun was out here in Somerset & I was thinking we could collect those blackout curtain liners I'd ordered online from Dunelm's Tuesday, as they should be there today, then head over to Burnham, a seaside place half an hour's drive from Weston & mooch around the small shops & enjoy a stroll along the promenade.

BUT Dunelm's emailed whilst we were discussing our day .. they've cancelled the order! Then I received a second email saying they don't know when they'll have them back in. I rang Taunton branch .. I knew Weston had none .. Taunton hadn't any either & actually told me they'd been out of stock FIVE MONTHS!

So, we stayed home & I've been searching websites for them, just can't find any 118 x 130cm. Dunelm sell it in sheeting if I want to make some, NO I DO NOT!