Wednesday 1 December 2010

I don't want this to become a weather blog....


....but this is what we have this morning........



and it's still snowing.

Brandy woke me at 3am asking to go out. When I opened the door to the garden I had to break through a barrier of snow that came halfway up the door. Then I had to pick Brandy up and place him outside as he couldn't see where the doorstep was and seemed confused over what he could step onto.

He sank into snow that came level with the top of his back. Poor thing, he managed to find himself a spot to pee and then came straight back in.

It's good snowball snow, it sticks together really well, and so in the few minutes it had taken for Brandy to pee, he had managed to get covered in little snowballs all clinging to his fur. At 3.05am I was thawing him out with the hairdryer so he could to back to bed.

I think Neil has some serious digging out to do today.

I'm due in at work at 9am. Now that's going to be interesting!


3 comments:

Chele76 said...

I'm longing for the snow. Here, in Connecticut, we generally get a few snow flurries maybe an inch here or there in December. The real winter usually kicks in January - February. We get the cold temperatures in November and December, but the snow just does not come soon enough. Loved seeing the picture of all that white happiness :)

Jody said...

I just saw your comment over on Journey and Aventure and thought I'd come drop in on you. I love your photo - its stunning.

I was so ecstatic when I woke up Wednesday morning, but now that nothing has been done about the ice on our side roads, the car parking at work is a nightmare and to top it all off, the heating at work has gone down, well I'm ready to go back to a typical English winter.

Although I love having to wear my sunglasses at this time of year - reminds me even more of home.

I suppose in some ways its better than dark, damp days.

Keep safe and warm!

Jody

Brindy said...

Hi Chele - well, our snow is still around but now we have a 4 inch slab of ice where our road should be and it is all becoming a little tedious - it's too cold to go out at night at -15c. The problem is the the Uk is just not geared up for this type of weather.

Hi Jody, and welcome. At least we got our heating fixed before this cold spell or we would be seriously snuggling under the duvet. But I agree, it does make everything seem so much brighter.