Thursday 23 December 2010

Last Working Day before Christmas

In a few hours I will be defrosting my car for the 5 minute drive to work for the last time before Christmas.

I had been expecting to work tomorrow too, but it seems the 3 people I work for are all finishing tonight for the holidays, so they suggested there would be no reason for me to work tomorrow either. Today will be my last day until the 4th January!

So, my Christmas holidays are starting a little earlier than planned. It gives me a few extra hours to chill out (and in -8c temperatures, there is little else we can do!) and open the mince pies early.

I have now had my contract extended until the 21st January, so I'm not into panic mode to find a new assignment just yet. That can wait until the New Year. I can't believe I've been there almost 6 months. When I signed on to do Temporary Contracts I thought I would be moving about from Company to Company covering holidays and illness, but this was my first assignment and I'm still there.

I do know that this year has seemed particularly bad for temping work. The agencies have been telling me that they've stuggled to keep their long term temps in back to back contracts for the first time in many years, so I do consider myself to be fortunate to have landed one that's been extended so much, but I do quite fancy a change now - just because I had been quite looking forward to new challenges. After being in my last job for 22 years, I did sometimes wonder what else was out there and thought temping would be a way of finding out - maybe the New Year will bring some variety.

Hey Ho.

Incase I don't get on here again for a few days, I wish you all

A VERY HAPPY CHRISTMAS & A PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR

1 comment:

Spanish Owner said...

Hey, the sun is out (finally) & we have a blue sky here in Spain at 9.25am so I hope it continues as we've had cold dull days here recently. We're going to the market for the obligatory satsumas!

Skype has had problems for many hours & I can't log in this morning either. They put it on Twitter last night that they were working on it. As we have had our flights cancelled twice & are not flying to Bristol until 29th I really wanted to see my sister & family on webcam & it looks like we won't now.

You all enjoy your Christmas too, Jacqui.